To be considered for admission to the program please provide the following:
- Transcripts indicating current enrollment in a Bachelor’s Degree in the Philosophy and/or Liberal Studies Programs at FIU.
- Completed at least 60 credits with a GPA of 3.20 or better.
- A substantial writing sample that is judged by the admissions committee to be of satisfactory quality. The substantial writing sample can be between 8-20 pages long.
- A personal statement describing goals and objectives in seeking a combined accelerated degree, and explaining how the (4+1)-MALS can meet your intellectual and educational goals, and experiences.
- Three letters of recommendation that describe your academic ability, and motivation. A curriculum vita including academic background, professional, volunteer activities, and relevant experience.
- TOEFL score of at least 550 if applicant is not a native speaker of English.
- GRE is not required.
- An interview with the program Director.
- A completed online admission application at http://gradschool.fiu.edu/admissions.shtml