|Great Ideas Seminar||9 -12 hours|
|Interdisciplinary Concentration||18 hours|
|Capstone Project||3 - 6 hours|
|- Master's essay (3 hours)|
|- Master's Thesis (6 hours)|
- A minimum of 33 semester credit hours of coursework, and a cumulative GPA of 3.00.
- Since 33 hours of course work are required of all MALS students, but a maximum of 3 hours are awarded for the "Master's Essay" course as opposed to 6 hours for "Master's Thesis."
- Students who choose the Essay option must complete either 4 Great Ideas Seminars (12 hours) or a 21 hour Interdisciplinary Concentration to satisfy the requirements for the degree.
- A minimum of 6 courses of interdisciplinary concentration.
- The interdisciplinary concentration spans at least three distinct disciplines and at least two courses from each discipline.
- Successful completion of the Capstone Project.